Depending on the case, we offer an hourly rate or a flat rate. We keep detailed logs of the time they spend on your case. We count in ten minute increments and round down when in-between them. Work logs will be disclosed to all clients upon the closing of a case. We only work for as long as a case requires, so you’ll never be overbilled for unproductive time. Final bills will include costs for copy, filing, messengers, and third-party research tools.
- $450 per hour
- For meetings, communications, document review, consultation, in-person and telephone interviews and preparation of reports (portal to portal)
- Estimated time is generally 50 pages of documents per hour for review
- (one inch-stack is generally 250 pages)
- MMPI Testing (if appropriate)
- The test requires about two to four hours to consent, administer, score and review
- Cancellation/No Show
- If the records are reviewed, but the evaluation is cancelled, or there is a no-show, payment will be required for the time spent reviewing the records.
- If an evaluation/meeting is scheduled, but is cancelled less than 48 business hours prior, a $450 cancellation fee will be billed
- If the appointment is not cancelled and the client does not show, payment will be required for the time reserved for the interview, 2 hours of time or
- $900 (plus the time spent reviewing collateral records).
- A typical Independent Psychiatric Evaluation (IPE) takes 7 to 10 hours.
- A $2,700 retainer is required at least 48 hours before the scheduled appointment.
testimony, deposition or
in-person case review/ case consultation
- $550 per hour (portal to portal)
- Time is reserved in blocks of 2 hours
- If an evaluation/meeting is scheduled, but is cancelled less than 48 hours prior, a $550 cancellation fee will be applied
- If the appointment/meeting is not cancelled, the full fee will be retained.
- Additional time will be billed in one hour increments.
- A $1100 retainer is required prior to Dr. Segal’s appearance for deposition or testimony