Dr. Segal completed his medical school education at the University of Arizona, College of Medicine in Tucson Arizona. He continued training in a general psychiatry residency at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix Arizona. Then Dr. Segal completed a forensic psychiatry fellowship at the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine in Los Angeles.
Dr. Segal is licensed to practice medicine in Arizona since 2005. Since he began practicing medicine, Dr. Segal has treated patients and provided clinical consultations for several entities including:
- Good Samaritan Hospital,
- Veteran Affairs Medical Center,
- Phoenix Children's Hospital,
- Value Options Community Psychiatry,
- Magellan Health Services,
- Maricopa County Correctional Health Services,
- Los Angeles Twin Towers Correctional Facility,
- Los Angeles County Mental Health Court,
- Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community and
- Valley Hospital.
Dr. Segal is an active member of American Academy of Psychiatry and Law, American Academy of Forensic Sciences, American Psychiatric Association and Arizona Psychiatric Society.
Dr. Segal provided forensic consultations to a number of agencies and organizations including:
- Maricopa County Superior Court,
- Maricopa County Public Defender’s Office,
- Maricopa County Attorney’s Office,
- Maricopa County, Office of the Legal Defender,
- Maricopa County Office of the Legal Advocate,
- Yuma County Superior Court Mental Health Expert,
- Social Security Disability Administration,
- Division of Immigration Health Services,
- Liberty Mutual Disability Benefits,
- U.S. Department of Justice,
- Cable News Network (CNN),
- KASW AZ Family News (Channel 3),
- Los Angeles County Superior Courts,
- Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office,
- Los Angeles County Alternate Public Defender’s Office,
- Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office,
- Los Angeles County Department of Probation,
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department,
- Los Angeles County Department of Health Services,
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Services,
- Los Angeles County Department of Coroner, and
- LAC + USC Medical Center.
Dr. Segal has an interest in educating future generations of physicians. In California, he was a Clinical Instructor at the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, in the Department of Psychiatry and the Behavioral Sciences. In Arizona, Dr. Segal is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Arizona and an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Segal teaches clinical and forensic psychiatry to medical students and residents.